As i told in in my earlier post i will talk about adsense terms like CTR,CPM and others but i will do that while telling you more about different type of ads in Google AdSense.
Mainly there are 6 kinds of ads google adsense provides and each of them have it's own way of generating money for you.
- Text ads : These are the most common ads Publishers use usually because it works well with a text rich blog.These are basically text based ads means ads in the form of text.adsense gives you freedom to customize text colors and font type.This kind of ads are CPC ads or Cost Per Click ads.When a visitor clicks on that ad you gets a certain amount of money.This ads has a highest CTR(Click Through Rate) because many times people misunderstands these ads for the text in your blog.
- Image Ads : Image ads are graphic ads offered in several ad formats.In my Google AdSense tips for Beginners post i told you to opt for 'Image and Text' ads.So when you choose for both image and text ads increases the competition between ads to appear on your blog.And this might eventually end up by increasing a little bit of your usual revenue.Image ads alo works just like text ads in the case of earning money.It generates money when your visitor clicks on it.
- Video ads/Rich media ads : I haven't seen much people using this type of ad.May be because it doesn't suit to all kind of blogs.This generates money when a visitor plays the video and then again he clicks on it when it is playing.I wont suggest this ad to you because if your blog is not video based,this may not work for you.
- Link Units : Link units displays a bunch of links which is suitable for your blog page and when the user clicks on any of those, Google shows you a page of related ads.And when he clicks on them you get the money.Note that you are not earning anything until unless the visitor clicks on the ads on the page which opens up after they clicks on the link unit.
- Mobile ads : Mobile ads are displayed when a visitor visits your blog's mobile version.(you will find your mobile version in template section if you are using blogger).This also works as CPC ads.
- Feed ads : Last but not the least,feed ads.they are the ads which you can place in your feeds.And when the customer clicks on the ads you get the money.It's simple.To enable this sign in your adsense account and select adsense for feeds.
CPM ads will make you good money if you have really good blog traffic.If one ad's CPM is $0.20 that means when it will complete showing the same ad 1000 times in your blog/site you earn $0.20 without a click.So visitors traffic plays a main important role in this.
May be next time we will talk about some simple and easy ways to increase the number of visitors to your blogs.